Life Balance™ is a diﬀerent kind of time management software that helps creative busy people balance the responsibilities of work, home and play. Conventional paper and electronic planners only record meeting and and To-Do items. Life Balance oﬀers intelligent assistance for prioritizing daily tasks according to your aspirations, your current situation and time of day. The Life Balance App provides a dynamically ordered To Do List driven by the importance of your goals, your desired allocation of time and eﬀort, and feedback from what you get done each day, even when your list contains hundreds of tasks across many projects.
Since priorities can change suddenly Life Balance oﬀers the ability to focus attention on tasks that are important to you. You can meet the daily demands of your manager, spouse or children, while maintaining a steady course toward your own personal goals.
Major features and beneﬁts include
- Responds swiftly to changing circumstances throughout the day.
- Actively encourages a balance among work, home and play.
- Focuses your attention on what you can achieve right here, right now.
- Helps overcome limitations of human memory.
- Encourages you to break problems down into more manageable chunks.
- Allows you to make headway on long term pursuits for which you never seem to have enough time.
- Reduces errand time by collecting tasks that need to be accomplished in the same place.
- Keeps track of meeting topics for when you are with colleagues or clients.
- Reminds you gradually of upcoming events rather than using annoying alarms.
- Balances your life with tasks from multiple facets of interests, making it less likely that you will neglect a part of your life.
- Encourages good habits by reminding you to do routine chores in a non-obtrusive way.
- Outline organizes home, work and leisure tasks.
- To Do List automatically sorts and ﬁlters tasks by importance, deadlines and location.
- Pie charts not only provide immediate visual feedback on how you are doing, but also help guide your actions.
- Unique Balance feature updates the order of the To Do List to keep you on track.
- Provides scheduling of routine tasks by calendar or ﬂexible interval.
- Complete two-way synchronization between Desktop and Mobile editions.
You put what you need to get done into an Outline format that captures and integrates all your goals, projects and tasks. You can include schedule information, importance of the task to the project, upcoming deadlines, places where the task needs to happen. The more you add into the details, the more Life Balance can do to identify which tasks are going to have the most impact. You can include ideas that might not be ready to act on yet. You can think of the Outline as where you put all your eggs in one basket, and then Life Balance helps you keep an eye on it.
There are two pie charts that measure your ongoing accomplishments to chart your progress compared to your desired allocation of time and eﬀort. What you get done is not only displayed here, but feeds back into the suggestions that Life Balance makes in the To Do list.
The To Do List view oﬀers a prioritized list, that takes all the many factors into consideration and oﬀers a suggestion for how to prioritize the many tasks that you might be facing during a busy day.
Life Balance helps you to set priorities and increase personal productivity in a unique way. Items on a to-do list can have a high priority for diﬀerent reasons: because they are part of an important project, because the deadline is near-at-hand, because you are in the right place to take action, or because you have been neglecting the task.
Internally, Life Balance uses fuzzy logic math techniques to balance all these competing factors. As a result, it can provide you with an easy to use, sorted list that makes it simple to ﬁgure out what is the most important thing that you can do right now wherever you happen to be. This can be diﬃcult to do in your head, the same way that it can be diﬃcult to compute a square root without a piece of paper or calculator. That sense of overwhelm when you know you have “way too much to do” is avoidable when you use Life Balance.
Life Balance is a time and task management program that helps you focus on what’s really important to you and actively balance the often conﬂicting demands of career and personal life. Life Balance emphasizes the intrinsic importance that you’ve assigned to your projects and life goals, rather than arbitrarily ﬁlling every slot in your calendar. This helps you to spend your time and energy on what matters to you the most. You can be self-directed, and know that you are working toward long term goals while still managing your day to day routine.
Ultimately, Life Balance is software designed to help you achieve that feeling that you are living authentically and following your own unique path. We have customers who have been successfully using the Life Balance self management methodology since 1995.